Kerry Ingredients Production and Storage Facility
|Location:||Murarrie, Queensland, Australia|
|Scope overview:||Design, construct and project manage a new 6,000m2 production and storage facility|
New facility raises standards for major food processor Kerry Ingredients
Kerry Ingredients is one of the leading and most technologically advanced manufacturers and innovators of application specific food ingredients in the world, working in partnership with multinational food manufacturing and foodservice companies.
Kerry Ingredients approached Wiley to design, construct and project manage a new 6,000m2 production and storage facility at Murarrie in Brisbane, which would deliver efficient throughput and handling as well as capacity for future expansion.
The facility was to feature an integrated process area, warehouse, truck load-out and turning area, staff amenities, and was to complement the existing production areas and quality assurance laboratory.
- Assessing the proposed site and recommending and assisting acquisition of additional land
- Meeting the construction deadline and achieving budget, despite persistent wet weather
- Implementing the construction program without disrupting ongoing production in operational areas.
- A site logistics review to address concerns over the suitability of the existing site for the size of plant necessary to service current and future needs
- Recommendation of, and assistance with, land acquisition and government negotiations
- Detailed planning of construction around ongoing production.
- Integration of new facilities into existing plant using complementary design elements
- Inclusion of capacity for future expansion
- Design of concrete floors that featured special joint systems and flood finish to minimise damage from forklift wheels
- Inclusion of flat interior panel walls for a ‘cleaner’ look, rapid roll doors, flexible epoxy coving, a suspended trafficable ceiling with access to roof lighting, extraction systems in the blending and processing areas to remove dust and rescinded product, and an undercover dispatch area for wet weather access for trucks (which has future potential as a battery charging area)
- Inclusion of change rooms, lockers, a lunchroom and a covered outdoor eating area for 90 people.
- Construction of new plant around existing operations
- Timely delivery of the project, despite 38 days lost to wet weather.
Wiley delivered a new production and storage facility that will help Kerry Ingredients meet increased market demand for its products and reach new standards in cost-efficient throughput, handling and maintenance.